Contact: +91-9711224068
International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal


E-ISSN: 2347-5129, P-ISSN: 2394-0506

International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies

2019, Vol. 7, Issue 5, Part F

Importance of agriculture resources to economic growth in Nigeria: Econometric analysis between 1981 and 2017


Author(s): Landu Ebenezer Jibril, Obansa Sumaila Adavani Joseph, Olowosegun Toyin, Sanni Abdulwahab Omeiza and Bewaji Samuel

Abstract: Fishery, crop and livestock production are an important aspect of agricultural production. Increasing resources pre-supposes increase productivity, food consumption, healthy living, employment and food security. A simple multiple regression model is used to analyse the data between 1981 and 2017 to reveal the contributions of fishery, crop and livestock resource to agricultural production growth in Nigeria. The 37 year period revealed that the variables were stationary, individually and jointly significantly to Agricultural output (AGOUT). The independent variables jointly explained 75% of AGOUT while the remaining 25% could be due to the effect of extraneous variables not captured in the model.

Pages: 482-489  |  327 Views  24 Downloads

Download Full Article: Click Here

How to cite this article:
Landu Ebenezer Jibril, Obansa Sumaila Adavani Joseph, Olowosegun Toyin, Sanni Abdulwahab Omeiza, Bewaji Samuel. Importance of agriculture resources to economic growth in Nigeria: Econometric analysis between 1981 and 2017. Int J Fish Aquat Stud 2019;7(5):482-489.
International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies